TAR Grocery Collections
TAR will resume its cyclical grocery collections in each of our parish centres in support of refugees and asylum seekers within the Geelong Region. Please find below a list of groceries and other products that can provide practical support to people in need.
Bulletin Notice: Trinity Aid for Refugees is recommencing grocery collections on a rotating system across our Parish. Our Refugee friends in Geelong continue to need much support. In July the Collection Tub will be located at Holy Trinity Queenscliff (it will move to Ocean Grove in August, Barwon Heads in September). For a list of suggested items check the Parish Website, click Ministries & Groups/TAR and scroll to the end or email email@example.com.
TAR List of suggested donations for the Welcome Place Foodbank
- Long grain Basmati rice
- Vegetable oil, safflower oil, olive oil.
- Jars of minced garlic, ginger, chilli.
- Tinned lentils, chick-peas, tomatoes.
- Tinned tuna in oil.
- Tomato paste.
- Dried noodles and pasta.
- Honey, Peanut Butter, Nutella.
- Tins or tubs of peaches, pears, apricots, pineapple.
- Packets of dried fruit & nuts
- Packets of sultanas, raisins apricots, dates
- Packets of sweet biscuits, muesli bars, dry biscuits.
- Tea (green tea, black tea, earl grey)
- Instant coffee, Milo
- Toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, moisturiser)
- Laundry detergent and dishwashing detergent.
- Tissues, Baby wipes.
- Treats for children.
(Health protocols require that all food items are packaged, sealed and within the use by date.)