SACRAMENTAL PROGRAM FOR CHILDREN NOT ATTENDING CATHOLIC SCHOOLS
Program Coordinator (and primary contact): Jo Ballard, 0421 136 353.
PROGRAM FOR THE 2021 CONFIRMATION STUDENTS:
Dear Children and Parents,
We know that we have not met for some time but now we have GOOD NEWS: classes will restart on Tuesday 26th of October BUT with the following change:
The large group of 20 will be split into 2 groups of 10, the first from 4 o’clock to 4.45 and the second from 5 o’clock to 5.45.
Sandra and Michael will teach together and ensure the space is hygienically organised and prepared for both groups.
We have arranged the split as follows:
- 4.00 – 4.45 Group 1: Marley B, Ethan B, Heidi B, Tess C, Lainie C, Xavier G, Luke P, Amelie R, Troy S, Leonardo W.
- 5.00 – 5.45 Group 2: Olive C, Holly C, Billie C, Hamish C, Winter D, Beatrice H, Memphis J, Harlow M, Archie M, Archie M.
7 sessions will be held from October 26 to December 7 and the ceremony will take place in the week after that with the date, time and Covid restraints for the ceremony to be advised as soon as possible.
Children who have turned 12 should continue to wear a mask to class.
We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday week at Our Lady Star of the Sea church.
Blessings to you all,
Father Darien, Sandra and Michael
+ + +
The Parish offers a Sacramental Program to students not attending Catholic schools.
The program commences a few weeks after Term 1 starts.
Classes are held at Our Lady Star of the Sea Church (68 John Dory Drive, Ocean Grove) from 4:00pm to 5:00pm.
Parents and families are asked to contact the Program Co-ordinator or Parish office before February to register their child(ren).
We require a copy of your child(ren)’s Baptism certificate and Reconciliation certificate (if appropriate) upon enrollment.
The program fee is $60.00 per family.
Please see below for additional information.
Sponsors for Confirmation candidates:
- the Sponsor must be over the age of 16.
- the Sponsor must be Catholic faith and has received all of their Sacraments.
- Parents are unable to be their child’s Sponsor.
- Parents/carers and students must check-in via QR code for COVID electronic contact tracing. COVID guidelines & restrictions apply.
- Parents must also sign their child(ren) in/out upon arrival and pick up.