SACRAMENTAL PROGRAM FOR CHILDREN NOT ATTENDING CATHOLIC SCHOOLS
Program Coordinator (and primary contact): Jo Ballard, 0421 136 353.
PROGRAM FOR THE 2021 STUDENTS:
Reconciliation and 1st Eucharist: dates are now scheduled for students to receive their Sacraments at Our Lady Star of the Sea Church, Ocean Grove.
- Reconciliation, Group 1: Tuesday 22nd June from 5-6pm
- Reconciliation, Group 2: Tuesday 22nd June from 6-7pm
- 1st Eucharist: date to be scheduled after July lockdown
Confirmation: enrolment and information session will be held on Tuesday 22nd June at 4.00pm at Our Lady Star of the Sea Church, Ocean Grove. The 2021 class is now at capacity.
Classes commencing Tuesday 13th July at 4:00pm at Our Lady Star of the Sea Church, Ocean Grove. Due to lockdown, there are no classes on Tuesday 20th & 27th July.
Completed enrolment forms to be delivered to teachers on enrolment day (with fee of $60 per family). Enrolment forms can be found below. Some may have already paid fee for their family for one of the other sacraments currently commencing, please advise the teachers of this applies to you.
Date for children to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation is still to be determined.
- Parents/carers and students must check-in via QR code for COVID electronic contact tracing. COVID guidelines & restrictions apply.
- Parents must also sign their child(ren) in/out upon arrival and pick up.
+ + +
The Parish offers a Sacramental Program to students not attending Catholic schools.
The program commences a few weeks after Term 1 starts.
Classes are held at Our Lady Star of the Sea Church (68 John Dory Drive, Ocean Grove) from 4:00pm to 5:00pm.
Parents and families are asked to contact the Program Co-ordinator or Parish office before February to register their child(ren).
We require a copy of your child(ren)’s Baptism certificate and Reconciliation certificate (if appropriate) upon enrollment.
The program fee is $60.00 per family.
Please see below for additional information.
Sponsors for Confirmation candidates:
- the Sponsor must be over the age of 16.
- the Sponsor must be Catholic faith and has received all of their Sacraments.
- Parents are unable to be their child’s Sponsor.